Páginas

viernes, 30 de septiembre de 2022

Academic changes in 2022

Hello classmates and teacher!


I study journalism at the Faculty of Communication and Image. I'm in the third year of my career. 


I really like my career because it focuses on communication, research and creation, but according to the training plan I don't like the system of transferable credits (STC).


According to the curriculum we have to have 16 credits in basic training electives until the fourth year of our career. The basic training electives are theoretical or practical courses that seek to contribute to your academic training as a future social communicator. 


It is very difficult to take basic training electives because many students try to apply and there are no places available. I also don't like the number of credits that each course has, they are very few and sometimes during the semester you have to take more than one to complete them. I would like to see more credits for basic training electives in the future. 


I also don't like the application system to choose your courses, many times the platform (U-Campus) to do this process presents failures and you can't take your courses or you are left without them.


Last semester I entered U-Campus and applied to all the subjects, but the system left me without one. I had to send an email to the secretariat of studies to get my problem solved. 


Another thing that should be improved is the faculty infrastructure. Many classrooms have holes in the ceiling due to humidity and have not been repaired. Also when it rains on the stairs of the "hoyo" a giant puddle is formed.


I would like these problems to be solved in the future so that future generations have a better space to study.




3 comentarios:

  1. Hi Isabella! I feel the same way about the basic training electives. Many times we choose some that we don't wish just because we need to complete the number of credits.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Isabella, I think all of us who study journalism share the same torture with the credits of the basic training electives, I don't know how it will be for those who study film

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I totally agree with the credit issue. In addition, when you are in your fourth year, the academic load is terrible, there are many annual projects and with high loads of synchronous and asynchronous hours.

    ResponderEliminar

Time travel to the past or future

Hello everyone! If I were made to choose between traveling to the past or to the future, I would choose the first option. I don't like t...